Friday, January 27, 2012

smart phone

the little Nokia overlord 
First a blog, then organic milk, and now a smart phone.  I feel like I'm am cheetah racing into this crazy yuppie grown up life.

So we finally broke over and upgraded our phones today.  I've only had a cell phone for about four years.  Only four years you say?  How did you get along in life not having a cell phone as soon as they hit the world you ask?  Honestly, I have no idea.  Once I discovered texting I was hooked ( I think my first text was "I just peed" and it was to my BFF in the bathroom stall next to mine at the store I had just bought the phone. I wasn't such an adult then even though I was 26..)

Since then I've had a few more cell phones, but usually the cheapest one available. The idea of spending THAT much money on a such a small device boggled my mind a little.  Don't get me wrong, I didn't go crazy with the smart phone.  I shopped around and made sure to get the best deal.

In this day and age of constant contact making the move to a smart phone was beginning to be unavoidable.  While I love my new phone so far I do sort of miss the old days.  The days where you weren't border-lined obsessed with everyone knowing your every move or checking up on theirs (darn you, Mark Zuckerberg!)  I miss that simplicity of life.  But I also really love texting.

So what will I be doing the rest of the evening?  Actually reading the little instruction book that came with the phone.  While I text and update my blog and my Facebook.  So 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment