Sunday, January 8, 2012

The M-G family rules.

how S felt about being reminded to flush
Every now and then in our home we'll find our selves saying something so ( woah alliteration!) off the wall to the children we declare it a "family rule!".

I used to keep a book of said rules, but S (being the rebel he is) decide one day to "damn the man!" and, in a fit of rebellious rage, tore the pages out.

I have been trying to remember some of the rules and here is what I have so far..(in no particular order of importance)


  •   No kung fu-ing in the living room!  With two boys ( three if you count their dad..and I do) you get a lot of want-to-be karate masters in the house.  It's all fun and games until someone takes a round house kick to the head.  
  • No doing the "robot" before breakfast on a school day!  This makes me sound like a buzz-kill I know, but it is all we can do on a good morning to get out of the door in time for the bus!
  •  Don't lick your brother!  This should be self explanatory.  


I know there were more (and would make this more interesting) but I am drawing a huge blank.

But I also hate when I am getting on to the kids and I unintentionally rhyme.  For instance.." you are lucky I am letting you play at all!  I could be making you sit on your bed and stare at the wall!"  ooh so tough.  It's as if I follow the Dr. Seuss guide to parenting.

At the end of the day I want the boys to remember the fun we had in this house, not the rules.




No comments:

Post a Comment