Thursday, January 19, 2012

confessions

Or..." what will be used against me when my sanity finally comes into question"

I, like most people, have quirks.  Sometimes though I think maybe I have more than others.  Maybe by sharing some of my personal bug-a-boos I won't feel so crazy because maybe they'll be some peeves of yours too..maybe.  Or maybe it'll just confirm what we probably already knew, that my mind doesn't work like everyone else.

1.  I don't like monkey's.  At all.  They creep me out in fact.  Most people look at monkey's and see cute and cuddly animals.  I see sharp teeth and jugular ripping.  They're too unpredictable.  "Don't look 'em in the eye...they'll think you're challenging their dominance..."  BAM! crap upside your head.

2.  I do not and will not lick my fingers while I'm baking.  It's not because I have an aversion to raw eggs or anything because I can eat the heck out of some batter.  I don't know why the idea creeps me out, but it does.  So that means I end up washing my hands like a gazillion times while I cook.

3.  I hate crossing streets alone.  In fact..I was 25 before I ever had to cross a street solo.  Shocking right?!

4.  Mascots, like you find at sporting events, Six Flags, and Disney scare the bejeezus out of me.  Just thinking about them makes me feel funny.  I think it's their never changing temperaments that is so off putting to me. Puppets also fall in this category.

5.  I'll hold my breath without even realizing that I'm doing as such.  Until I'm forced to gasp for air.

Well I think that's enough for now to make me look completely insane.    What are some of your nutty personality traits?

1 comment:

  1. And here I am wanting a monkey that will perch on my shoulder and use his nimble fingers to shampoo my hair....

    I'm with you on the mascot thing though. I do not get the point. They can't talk; they just make creepy, overly enthusiastic gestures. I avoid them.

    Oh, and I also hold my breath a bit. Mine is more of a sucking the air out of my mouth though. Dental hygentists have commented on the roof of my mouth being red because I've "vacuumed sealed" my tongue up there.

    ReplyDelete