Sunday, January 8, 2012

I was like baby..

Ok, I'll spare you and not finish singing that Justin Bieber song.  Unless you want me to..no..okay.  


So I woke up to the Twitter world all abuzz that the Hip Hop power couple Beyonce and Jay Z's new collaborative project dropped.  A bouncing baby girl.  But as I read on I came across a story that stated


 "After 11 p.m., even doctors and nurses were barred from entering the fourth floor, prompting one doc to complain that he had patients to see."


Really...really?!  Congratulations on making EVERY other woman in that hospital feel as if all their hard work was for nothing.  That the children that they conceived, carried, and birthed are less special and undeserving of that level of security (on top of the security measures already in place at many hospitals across the nation!)  Having had two of my own I can a test to the extreme security that takes place.  Baby's first ( and hopefully last) house arrest anklet is one of the first items to be placed on baby right after birth.  A baby lo-jack if you will.  Beyonce might as well have knocked on every door of that labor and delivery floor, poked her head in and said " just so ya'll know, my baby is more special then yours!" and walked out


and to come full circle I'll end this with a funny conversation that took place recently in our home...


S: mama, you sick? (because I was taking a rare break laying on the couch)
me: no..
S:  you gotta fevah?
B:  (to himself) yeah..a fever for Bieber *snicker giggle*









No comments:

Post a Comment