Monday, January 9, 2012

school days

This morning marks the first day back school.  My second semester back  in College since taking about a seven  year hiatus.  Life has a funny way of getting in the way of your plans...the life specifically of my seven year old son.

Mind you I wouldn't have traded one single day that I spent away from the college life as I worked at being a mom to both him and subsequently his little brother.  I did however make a promise to myself that when B started Kindergarten I would go back.  Well now he's in first grade and here I am, keeping that promise.

That quote over there happens to be one of my absolute favorites.  I know I still have a long road ahead of me in school since I plan to be a nurse.  I try not to worry about the time it will take to finish school, because as the quote says " The time will pass anyways".  I also try not to worry about the time that has already passed.  It is easy to think of that lost time and lament that had I stayed in school I would already be finished now.  I know this time will pass quickly.  Heck, S will be five this year and I swear it feels like he was just born!  So the next three years should go by in a blink.  Especially when life is broken down into semesters it tends to go by a little bit faster.

My hope is that in three years I will be able to share with you my joy as I graduate...and that I am still keeping up with this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment