Monday, January 16, 2012

let's get physical

Since I've been tackling so many life goals lately I think it's past time that I took on the most important, healthy living.  
I'm in the pink.  My face speaks volumes .

Before I had kids I was relatively in shape, or rather I was happy about what I saw in the mirror.  Exercising for me meant spending the summer by a pool working on my tan and occasionally cooling off in the water.  We won't talk about the dangers of skin cancer right now..I'll save that for another day.  

Since having kids though...yeah.  

I don't feel that my problem lies in what I'm eating since, generally speaking, we eat pretty healthy around here. my problem lies in that the idea of actual sweat inducing, heart pumping exercise thrills me about *this* much.  I'd rather face the possibility of a root canal then go running.  I might not have a problem with running had my gymnastics coach when I was a little girl mentioned to my mom that I "ran funny".  How does a six year old girl run funny?  From what I've seen all kids run funny. Either way it set up a life long complex.  Sad right?  

But I can not put this off any longer!  For one, I'd like to ensure a nice happy and long life with my family, but now I have new motivation... my ten year high school reunion!  Nothing is more motivating then the idea of people you graduated with seeing you at less than your personal best!  

So I'm going to channel my inner Olivia Newton John and do this!  I don't intend the blog to be a "healthy" blog, but it will be my outlet in this journey.  My accountability partner if you will.  Maybe I will even inspire someone else!  

No comments:

Post a Comment