Wednesday, April 4, 2012

random thoughts

not my actual egg, duh.  
I partially read a story earlier that, in short, was something about the emotional downfall of donating eggs for strangers to use in IVF.  It got me thinking though...I will never be able to donate my eggs.  Ever.  Not because  I am morally against such things, but because I have a kid with autism.

Having a child on the spectrum nobody is ever going to want a part of my genetic code.  Even though autism hasn't been linked to be genetic, they'll turn their noses up at my ovaries offerings.  They won't care that my son is one of the funniest, smartest, caring, insightful, adorable ( adjective etc) kid on the face of the planet.  That they should be honored to have a child that is 1/4 of his awesome.  They won't even care that we have son that isn't on the spectrum and he's just as equally amazing as his brother in his own way.  

and to that I say..it's their lose.  They probably couldn't handle such an amazing kid anyways.  It's an honor and a privilege to raise such a child and I thank the universe daily for choosing me to accept the challenge.  

I'll leave you with a gem brady shared with me today

"a hungry person never passes up the chance to lick the beaters" -brady, age 7.  Autistic and more awesome than your genetically engineered kid.  

No comments:

Post a Comment